Medical Spa FAQs
As you start learning about some of our medical spa procedures that can improve the way you look and feel, it’s natural to have questions. At Garcia Plastic & Hand Surgery, we take the time to answer all of your questions so you feel comfortable and confident going into whichever procedure you choose.
Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions our staff receives regarding our popular medical spa treatments, like skin care.
What skin products do you recommend?
Garcia Plastic and Hand Surgery recommend SkinMedica® skin care products. Each product compliments the next to produce healthy, rejuvenated skin.
What can help scars?
- Sun protection over 30 spf is recommended
- SkinMedica® Scar Recovery Gel with Centelline, supports the natural phases of scar formation, minimizing the appearance of hypertrophic scarring
- Scars change over the course of the first year, so expect various skin changes.
- As a board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Garcia can perform a scar revision for cosmetic purposes, when other cosmetic options have been tried.
My lashes are thinning. What can I do for them?
You may be a candidate for Latisse® solution, a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker and darker. During your personalized consultation with Dr. Garcia, he will help determine if this is the right solution for you. Latisse is not covered by medical insurance.
I have developed these little brown spots on my face, chest and neck. What is recommended?
There are a variety of options available to help improve the appearance of brown spots including:
- SkinMedica® Skin Care products such as the Lytera® Skin Brightening Complex which effectively reduces the appearance of skin discoloration and dark spots creating a more even skin tone.
- SkinMedica® Chemical Peels can improve the appearance of sun damage, hyperpigmentation and melasma as well as fine lines, wrinkles and acne scarring with minimal down time.
- Further information on SkinMedica® can be obtained by calling Dr. Juan C. Garcia at (518) 793-0475 or going online to www.skinmedica.com